Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:25:23 MDT 2013

On 06/10/2013 10:19 AM, Doran L. Barton wrote:
> It seems most of us think Snowden should not be prosecuted for his crimes. How
> likely is that? What would it take? What would need to happen for Edward
> Snowden to return to the United States with open arms? A new president? A
> revolution in congress?

I for one never said that.  I think he should be a hero, but he will be
prosecuted.  And he'll likely literally die for his actions.  Maybe some
day before he dies we'll wise up and pardon him.  But for change to
happen he has to be prosecuted.

> Some say we need to "redeclare" our independence and restore the principles
> espoused by the Constitution as our core. An incident like Snowden's
> revelations is already garnering support for the Constitution from people from
> all political backgrounds. Heck, Glenn Beck and Michael Moore are both calling
> this guy a hero.

Hmm, I might have to reconsider my position... I'm not sure I want to
have the same view as Beck and Moore.