Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?
klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 10:06:58 MDT 2013
When the NSA thinks the NSA is out of control, there probably is a problem. He should not be prosecuted. If he took an oath of office then that is his justification. We need to listen to what he has to say and make the needed corrections. Unfortunately this guy will be put in prison for life or may be tortured and / or killed.
Listen to what he says about anyone can get caught up in the current system even if they are not guilty of any real wrong doing.
This guy is a hero!!
--- On Sun, 6/9/13, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
From: Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com>
Subject: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?
To: plug at plug.org
Date: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 11:44 PM
Why I think this question matters to PLUG:
* Snowden was an IT worker and referenced information gained in his position
as a Sys Admin/Analyst in determining that wrong doing had occurred.
* PLUG is deeply analytical. This question requires deep analysis.
* We respect the opinions of our colleagues and peers far more than pundits
* The NSA is building "phase II" in our backyard. Some of you may choose to go
work there to help run these programs.
* It might be YOU who decides to do this next.
Did Mr. Snowden do the right thing by disclosing PRISM and similar programs to
the world, or did he violate the trust of his employer, government, and fellow
countrymen by reveling secrets that aught not to have been reveled?
PLUG: http://plug.org, #utah on irc.freenode.net
Don't fear the penguin.
More information about the PLUG