Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Mon Jun 10 08:29:36 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> Why I think this question matters to PLUG:

I was just pondering this at the same time.  I agree that due to the
selective nature of his releases, Snowden  is likely a hero.  But this
article surprised me (not about Mr. Snowden):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

"Snowden will go down in history as one of America's most
consequential whistleblowers, alongside Daniel Ellsberg and Bradley
Manning."

Manning is not a hero in my book.  His indiscriminate downloading and
releasing of information makes him more of a petulant child deserving
of a court martial in my book.  Sorry for taking the OT even more OT,
but I wonder how many people here consider Manning a hero also.