Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Mon Jun 10 00:44:45 MDT 2013

Why I think this question matters to PLUG:
* Snowden was an IT worker and referenced information gained in his position
as a Sys Admin/Analyst in determining that wrong doing had occurred.
* PLUG is deeply analytical. This question requires deep analysis.
* We respect the opinions of our colleagues and peers far more than pundits
and politicians.
* The NSA is building "phase II" in our backyard. Some of you may choose to go
work there to help run these programs.
* It might be YOU who decides to do this next.

Did Mr. Snowden do the right thing by disclosing PRISM and similar programs to
the world, or did he violate the trust of his employer, government, and fellow
countrymen by reveling secrets that aught not to have been reveled?

Video here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-interview-video

-Ryan