Bitcoins and gold standard dollars -- was Re: Anyone want to make a housecall?

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 14:53:20 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Sasha Pachev <sasha at asksasha.com> wrote:

> I would like to address the point mentioned earlier that you cannot have
> conspiracy with more than 2 people for very long.
>
> I grew up in a country (Soviet Union) where conspiracy involving millions
> lasted for at least 70 years, and did not quite die when the West began to
> prem
>
> My story is the story of millions in the former Soviet Union. Wicked people
> have a unique ability to form conspiracies and pull others into them.

I liked what you had to say about conspiracies Sasha. I try to avoid
conspiracy as an explanation for bad things that happen in this world, many
times stupidity serves just as well, but I do think that citizens of this
country have lost what I consider to be a healthy fear of the concentration
of power and a jealous guarding of our liberties.  The nature of the
financial sector of this country is an excellent example of this. I think
that people should be up in arms over the way this last financial crisis
was handled. These scumbags who ran the largest financial institutions in
this country should have been ridden out of town on a rail for taking this
country to the brink. Instead, they were allowed to receive billions of
dollars in bonuses with a wink and a nod while continuing to do business as
usual. If these financial corporations are "too big to fail" why are they
allowed to get even bigger; why aren't they being reduced in size? If this
isn't a conspiracy what is?

--
"The legitimate purpose of formalization lies in the reduction of the tacit
coefficient to more limited and obvious informal operations; but it is