Bitcoins and gold standard dollars -- was Re: Anyone want to make a housecall?

Joshua Marsh joshua at themarshians.com
Tue Jun 4 19:39:47 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Levi Pearson <levipearson at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, like all things related to the government, there's a balance
> that's been struck.  There's good reason for it, and it bears
> considering *why* it's set up the way it is before you go and advocate
> rearranging everything.

I can agree there needs to be some things kept secret. Clearly making
military plans public is a bad idea. I see the pendulum swinging too far in
the other direction though. More and more things are top secret, NSLs with
mandatory gag orders are being issued by the tens of thousands to companies
like Google, etc. Like I said before, I'm OK with the idea of a federal
reserve system in general. I think they could be more transparent though.