How to migrate from blogger to a static blog

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:45:03 MST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Joshua Marsh <joshua at themarshians.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Levi Pearson <levipearson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If you've been looking for a project with which to learn a new language,
> > writing your own blog engine is a reasonable choice.  The 'market' is
> > already hopelessly polluted with toy blog engines, which is evidence for
> > its suitability as a learning project.  Most of what makes a blog
> memorable
> > has absolutely nothing to do with the back-end software, anyway.  If you
> > are feeling ambitious, you could write a blog engine *and* your own
> > Markdown parser with custom extensions.
> >

> Mission accomplished!
>
> http://joshua.themarshians.com/goblog.html

Nice!  I need to write something in Go one of these days.  I've gone
through the online tutorial and played around with it a bit, but not enough
to get a real feel for it.  I was disappointed in it when I first heard
about it, but the concept has grown on me enough that I am willing to give
it a try if an opportunity arises.  Glad to hear you're having fun with it.

       --Levi