How to migrate from blogger to a static blog

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:59:59 MST 2013

On 01/29/2013 10:21 PM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2013, at 19:30, Joshua Marsh wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Jonathan Duncan <
>> jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nice work.  What about blog comments?  Do you plan on adding
>>> those?  Or would comments defeat the static nature of the blog?
>>>

>> Good question. I haven't thought much about it because comments
>> haven't been a big part of my blogging experience. Most of the
>> static blog apps use external commenting tools like Disqus.
>>

> I only ask because I consider the social feedback part of blogging to
> be quite important, though certainly optional, depending on the
> purpose of the blog.

You could build yourself a disquis-esque comment system (there are
probably existing OSS ones out there) that you could just embed in each
static blog page's html code.  I do like the idea of separating the
comment system from the blog hosting system itself (modularity is always
good).

An obvious suggestion that comes to mind is Disquis, but after reading
this article (found via google... I don't frequent this web site!), I
don't think I'll ever personally use disquis:

http://www.redstate.com/2012/09/01/our-failing-disqus-experiment/