How to migrate from blogger to a static blog

Joshua Marsh joshua at themarshians.com
Tue Jan 29 18:12:25 MST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> And you used a language a lot of us haven't learned yet.  Any comments
> on how things went with Go?  Did it make it easier or harder than using
> something like Ruby or Python?  How did you deploy it?

It's definitely a language I plan on continuing to use. I have used python
quite regularly, but my history is mainly in C. Go is compiled, so my app
runs extremely quickly, but the compile times are miniscule, so iterative
development was easy. In fact I didn't even think of it as compiling
because you can simply do: 'go run main.go' and it will compile and run
your program.

The static typing wasn't new to me, but I have been a fan of dynamic typing
in python. There are just some places where dynamic typing is awesome and
Go's duck typing isn't quite the same.

Go really touts concurrency which was appealing, but it went unused in my
application since I'm just using it to spit out static HTML. I used app
engine to deploy it, which took all of one yaml file and one command line.