DHCP leases

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Tue Jan 29 10:32:46 MST 2013

none that follow the DHCP spec.

The problem with DHCP is that is is client driven, not server driven, so even if you assign it to someone else, when the client that had it comes back online and is still within the lease period, it will often continue to use the IP that it has been leased, making multiple clients use the same IP, and intermittent badness will happen to both clients.

-Steve