Fun things comcast reps say - was Re: comcast alert

Alec Shaw shaw.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:08:01 MST 2013

On 1/25/2013 5:48 PM, Daniel Fussell wrote:
> I'd have to say that the public policy environment is most likely the
> problem.  Otherwise, we'd have never started off-shoring things in the
> first place.  It's cheaper to let somebody else somewhere else do the
> production than deal with the lawyering, and bureaucratic pontificating
> about the color of one's carbon footprint, and the smell of the minimum
> wage and benefits packages.

When I was in college years ago there was a PBS series that I seldom
missed (no time for
other TV) called "Free to Choose" by Milton Friedman.  The first episode
shows how the
job market used to work in Hong Kong and how people will work under
difficult circumstances
by choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Gppi-O3a8