comcast alert

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Mon Jan 28 11:29:26 MST 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013 03:15:55 PM Eric Olsen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anybody know how I can report this deceptive practice to The Better
> > Business Bureau?
>
>  Dan already answered, but to help get you direct to the point:
> http://www.bbb.org/us/File-Complaint/

My biggest complaint is their pricing games.  6 - 12 months at this price,
then 12 more months at this price if you sign a contract.  When I had comcast
put into my apartment 5 years ago, the installation tech bragged and bragged
about how great comcast was because they didn't make you sign contracts.  I've
seen several older posts on the internet that say similar things.  Now?  You
have to sign a contract.  I've flat out told them twice I will not sign a
contract because years ago not having one was one of their sales pitches.  I
usually been able to get them to still give me a deal.

The other thing that put me off.... my wife and I decided that we really don't
watch that much TV, and anything we want to see we can get off Apple TV.  So I
called to take off the cable from my cable / internet bundle.  The price for
just internet was actually MORE that the cable / internet bundle.  I forget
the exact figure, but  by like 10 - 15 bucks.  That's like a meal deal with
fries and a coke for 8 bucks, but if I just want the burger, it's 10 bucks.
So right now, the only reason I have cable because that together with the
internet is cheaper than just the internet.

Why can't they just have set pricing for each item for anyone that has it
instead of this 6 months for cheap and the next 6 we'll empty your wallet?