vim for people who would rather not use vim

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Fri Jan 25 23:45:54 MST 2013

On 1/25/2013 9:14 PM, Andy Bradford wrote:
> Thus said Tod Hansmann on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:26:28 -0700:
>
>> Nano doesn't  even attempt. Nano is  not as powerful, I  don't dispute
>> that, but I think  it comes a lot closer than  you're giving it credit
>> for, and it's great for editing config files on servers I share logins
>> to. I can't have my vimrc on shared boxes.
> Are you claiming that nano is great for editing config files on servers,
> and vi/vim is not because you don't have your vimrc?
>
> Andy

Not JUST because it doesn't have my vimrc, though it can be awkward
having expectations from your editor and having them not be there. I
don't know how I'd handle it if I suddenly couldn't regex replace in
whatever editor I was using that I expected such from.  Probably be
tempted to get caught on a tangent trying to fix that if I didn't focus
on the problem I was trying to solve in the first place.

You know, like ya do.

-Tod Hansmann