vim for people who would rather not use vim

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Fri Jan 25 23:39:21 MST 2013

On 1/25/2013 10:54 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2013, at 6:26 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
>
>> I have yet to run into anything as a text editor vim can do that nano
>> can not
> You're just asking for it now… :-)

I welcome the correction, but it might surprise you.  Pedantic stuff
like "you can't move with hjkl keys" aside, nano is quite comparable for
most text editing features (note that I'm not saying coding features.
Rather different subject).  I use both, mind you, but I'm not tied to a
tool.  I prefer to be flexible to be able to work on whatever system I'm
given at a time, and sometimes those systems don't have the ability to
install the other.  Nano is a good embedded environment as well, or vi
(not vim, vi).  vi is kind of painful to me, though.  The differences
hit you oddly.

So uh, fire away if that's how you want to spend your time, I guess.

-Tod Hansmann