Fun things comcast reps say - was Re: comcast alert

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:51:40 MST 2013

On 01/25/2013 03:24 PM, Joshua Marsh wrote:
On 01/25/2013 03:24 PM, Joshua Marsh wrote:
> One of my favorite support calls with them went like this:
>
> My Brother: Our Internet is really slow.
> Comcast Support: Do you have more than one computer?
> My Brother: Yes.
> Comcast Support: Are you pressing enter at the same time?
> My Brother: Huh?
> Comcast Support: If you are both in the browser and press

Maybe we can start a new entertaining thread here.  Everyone post their
favorite comcast (or other) gaffes.

One of my favorites was when the rep told me to unplug the cable from
the wall so it can "degauss."  What a hoot.

I also on numerous occasions had to pretend I was using Windows and
translate what they asked of me into Linux commands on the fly.  After
checking some settings, the rep said, now reboot so that your computer
can get a new address.  So I did an ifdown and ifup, ran ifconfig, and
then sat there for a bit, and then said, "okay it's back up."  The rep
said, "wow your computer boots up so fast."

For the last five years I had comcast in Provo, I had zero problems with
it, after five years of many problems.  So who knows. Maybe they finally
go their act together.