comcast alert

Caleb Call calebcall at me.com
Fri Jan 25 15:16:47 MST 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:40 PM, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So be warned.  I cancelled everything.
>
> I'm going to chime in to provide some balance to the discussion.
> I am a customer of Comcast both personally and my company.  I have
> never been treated to any deceptive practices.  In fact I have far
> more deceptive practice issues from Telco companies like CenturyLink.
> I can't be positive, but it sounds like there is a distinct
> possibility that the first person you spoke with simply misunderstood
> you.
>
> Also, my experience is not just one randomly good experience.  I have
> a 100Mbps fiber circuit for Internet access, 14 point-to-point
> circuits, and another 20+ Business cable internet circuits.  That
> doesn't include the many other site surveys I have requested, that
> didn't pan out to getting service.
>
> Though I do have some benefits on my side:  All contracts have to pass
> by our legal department, and I have great sales reps at Comcast.
>
> TL;DR
> Comcast can often provide the best bandwidth to price options in many
> areas, has decent or better service compared to DSL providers (much
> better if you choose a Business grade connection).  Don't discount
> them so fast based on a single mistake or bad report.

Agreed with what's been said.  I have Comcast Business at my house and I know exactly of those docs that you had to digitally sign.  They clearly state that it's for installation and your terms (Business Requires atleast a year contract, more if you want to lower your installation costs).  Sorry you feel burned by them, and we all know it's fun to blame Comcast, but I would be more inclined to say shame on you for not reading what you were signing, even if the rep weren't clear about it.  I know whenever I have to sign something for my work, I make sure I know exactly what it is I'm signing (most things have to go through legal anyways) so as not to get my company in to any kind of problems.