comcast alert

Lonnie Olson lists at
Fri Jan 25 14:40:13 MST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at> wrote:
> So be warned.  I cancelled everything.

I'm going to chime in to provide some balance to the discussion.
I am a customer of Comcast both personally and my company.  I have
never been treated to any deceptive practices.  In fact I have far
more deceptive practice issues from Telco companies like CenturyLink.
I can't be positive, but it sounds like there is a distinct
possibility that the first person you spoke with simply misunderstood

Also, my experience is not just one randomly good experience.  I have
a 100Mbps fiber circuit for Internet access, 14 point-to-point
circuits, and another 20+ Business cable internet circuits.  That
doesn't include the many other site surveys I have requested, that
didn't pan out to getting service.

Though I do have some benefits on my side:  All contracts have to pass
by our legal department, and I have great sales reps at Comcast.

Comcast can often provide the best bandwidth to price options in many
areas, has decent or better service compared to DSL providers (much
better if you choose a Business grade connection).  Don't discount
them so fast based on a single mistake or bad report.