comcast alert

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Fri Jan 25 14:40:13 MST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
> So be warned.  I cancelled everything.

I'm going to chime in to provide some balance to the discussion.
I am a customer of Comcast both personally and my company.  I have
never been treated to any deceptive practices.  In fact I have far
more deceptive practice issues from Telco companies like CenturyLink.
I can't be positive, but it sounds like there is a distinct
possibility that the first person you spoke with simply misunderstood
you.

Also, my experience is not just one randomly good experience.  I have
a 100Mbps fiber circuit for Internet access, 14 point-to-point
circuits, and another 20+ Business cable internet circuits.  That
doesn't include the many other site surveys I have requested, that
didn't pan out to getting service.

Though I do have some benefits on my side:  All contracts have to pass
by our legal department, and I have great sales reps at Comcast.

TL;DR
Comcast can often provide the best bandwidth to price options in many
areas, has decent or better service compared to DSL providers (much
better if you choose a Business grade connection).  Don't discount
them so fast based on a single mistake or bad report.