comcast alert

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:13:18 MST 2013

Plug:

Get this....

I was interested to see what Comcast could do for the company I work
for in terms of internet/phone.

I called and spoke with someone on the phone.  I was told about a free
site survey.
I said ok, whereupon, I was required to digitally sign a bunch of
documents - for what I thought was only for the free site survey.

A guy came out and looked over our setup.

I specifically told him, "Ok the next step is I need a bid.  Given our
needs and our setup, which services are you going to provide and for
how much."

Next thing you know I get this email about an appointment for installation.

So I call and say, "Hey, I don't want any installation.  I want a bid
- only.  Maybe I want installation later, but for right now, I only
want a bid."
The woman on the other end of the line starts telling me about what
contracts I've signed, etc, etc.
I explained that I don't care what I signed.  "That I only want a bid
and that if I signed something I shouldn't have signed, then I
shouldn't have signed it."
"But please don't come out and do an installation.  I don't even know
the costs!"

I signed about 3 pieces of paper, over the internet.
So, shame on me for signing anything.  If I request someone to come
out and do a survey, then I shouldn't have to sign anything.

Shame on Comcast for what looks like a thinly veiled attempt to come
and do an installation without my authorization,
by telling me I signed something, when I thought I was only agreeing
to a site survey.

So be warned.  I cancelled everything.

Anybody know how I can report this deceptive practice to The Better
Business Bureau?

Merrill