How to migrate from blogger to a static blog

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Tue Jan 22 22:00:13 MST 2013

I was tired of toy blog engines which either had to be maintained by myself or eventually lead to painful migrations. I recently moved my blog to Zinnia because it seemed like the most widely used Django blog. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I blogged about it here:

http://richard.esplins.org/siwi/2012/10/13/moving-to-zinnia/

Blacksmith looks really cool though. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Richard

On Monday January 21 2013 19:28:18 Joshua Marsh <joshua at themarshians.com> wrote:
> Thanks! I've actually bee looking at doing this. Does anyone have any
> preferences about the different blog applications? Blacksmith (
> http://blog.nodejitsu.com/introducing-blacksmith) looked interesting, but
> I'm having trouble deciding.
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, this is a cross-post self promotion, but I believe it may helpful to a
> > few of you.
> >

> > http://blog.coolaj86.com/articles/migrate-from-blogger-to-ruhoh-with-proper-redirects.html
> > Complete with screencast and step-by-step instruction
> >
> > These instructions will work just as well for ruhoh, octopress, jekyll,
> > nanoc, etc (with some tweaks). You can at least apply the information about
> > redirects for migrating to any blogging system.
> >
> > AJ ONeal
<snip>