Recommendation for Intro to Bash (and Linux)?

Matt Melvin rage_311 at
Mon Jan 14 12:38:07 MST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at> wrote:
> When I was growing up Running Linux by O'Reilly was the best book money
> could buy for an intro to Linux.
> Is it still the best? Or is something else particularly noteworthy?

Although the book I found doesn't necessarily strike me as material
for a beginner (How Linux Works --,
I would recommend using the method that I used to find this.  Check
out your local library.  I guess this is assuming that you don't want
to keep it around permanently as a reference.  I was pretty impressed
with Lehi city's varied selection of UNIX/Linux books and I'd bet that
Orem/Provo's selection is even better.  Just a thought.