A simple way to maintain a static web presence?

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Jan 14 11:27:28 MST 2013

On 14 Jan 2013, at 11:14, Barry Roberts wrote:

> In my /etc/ddclient.conf I have:
>
> use=web,web=myip.dnsomatic.com
>
> which tells ddclient how to determine my routable IP address.  What do you
> have?

Yes, I am also using something similar.  Basically it needs to find the external address.  I made my own little php script and put it on a server.  So when ddclient accesses the script is checks the reported external address and echo's that back.  There are other services that do it, of course.

use=web, web=[myowndomain]/whatismyip.php, web-skip='IP Address'