A simple way to maintain a static web presence?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:07:13 MST 2013

I have a dynamically assigned IP address from my ISP, this changes
every day or two.
I also have a local area address (a NAT) address for the computer that
is sitting behind the router which is connected to the internet.
Unfortunately when I installed ddclient and pointed it at a dynamic
DNS provider, it updated the IP address to the local NAT address
instead of the public IP address,
As far as I can tell the configuration file for ddclient is correct,
however no matter what I do ddclient keeps updating my dynamic dns
provider with the NAT address instead of the public IP.
Does any one have any idea why that might be?  Is there a
configuration setting or a flag I need to set that perhaps I'm missing
out on?
My dynamic DNS provider says their API is dyndns2 compatible and that
is the one I have set in the ddclient config.