Recommendation for Intro to Bash (and Linux)?

Dan Hanks danhanks at
Mon Jan 14 08:45:08 MST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at> wrote:

> When I was growing up Running Linux by O'Reilly was the best book money
> could buy for an intro to Linux.
> Is it still the best? Or is something else particularly noteworthy?
Linux/UNIX in a Nutshell would be good for this kind of thing. UNIX Power
Tools, though a bit old, is excellent as well. I'd recommend reading
through and following "Linux From Scratch" ( You'll learn a lot from that