Best way to do remote development?

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:51:41 MST 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm an IDE addict, things like code completion and other bells and
> whistles are important to me.
> The latency introduced from an RDP connection to my already overtaxed
> desktop, over the anemic upload speeds of my ISP, would virtually
> guarantee the remainder of my hair falling out ;)

Vim has all of that.  I gather emacs does too.  If you're dead-set on
a graphical environment, setting up a vps (linode, or aws, or
whatever) and using vnc is a solution.  X forwarding is another
solution.

But, honestly, in any solution that has you logging in remotely
requires your gaining at least minimal knowledge of system
administration and security.
--
Alan Young