Best way to do remote development?

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 07:38:20 MST 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me more about my options?  A self managed server would
> be great, but like I said, I know enough to know it was insecure, but
> not enough to know how I should properly secure it and still allow me
> to login from anywhere.

In both my old Perl days and my current Python days, Linode, vim and
an Internet connection have been perfect. When I know Internet is
going to be less than optimal (or available), most of my work can be
done locally on my old laptop, and git keeps everything synced. One
day I even did a few hours of work on my Raspberry Pi, which cannot be
said to be any kind of speed demon, but it's more than fast enough for
vim and git.

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,