Any ideas for a topic this month?

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:25:33 MST 2013

On 01/06/2013 04:11 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> On 1/6/13 1:04 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
>> Has anyone thought to do a panel on some interesting topic?  Like, get 4
>> or 5 heads on a panel to hash out about what flavors are best for
>> different users/use cases?  Get disparate viewpoints all sitting around
>> discussing it, have a decent moderator for the panel, record it,
>> youtube, ...., profit!
>
> UPHPU was talking about doing a panel discussion for source control, but
> I don't think it ever happened.  Are there any other topics that would
> be interesting for this kind of meeting?
>
> Steve

I think the problem is, Utah geeks are getting lazy!! No one wants to
geek on new stuff!!! :-/ I'd recommend someone who knows how, to do a
presentation on building a Router/Firewall/Wireless Access point on an
old machine, with the WAP, using FreeRADIUS for auth.... :D I've not
done this on Linux, but I've got all but the RADIUS working on
FreeBSD..... I may even show up to a meeting if this was the topic. :)

--
John D Jones III
Perl/Javascript Zealot
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com