Best Linux Laptop

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:17:27 MST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Steve Alligood <steve at betterlinux.com> wrote:
> back in the day, Sears sold these and Compaq computers, with a 4% commission on the Compaq and a 12% commission on the Packard Bell.  Of course, Compaq had a 5% return rate, while Packard Bell had a 25% return rate.
>
> There were good reasons why they left the US market in 2000.

There are definitely good reasons why PB left the market, and I for
one don't miss them. But I have heard numerous reports that the few
notebooks that they released were generally really solid.
Unfortunately, they weren't really in the notebook market. Let's all
just be glad they never entered the server market.

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,