Best Linux Laptop

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Mon Jan 7 09:46:11 MST 2013

A few years ago SquareTrade, who is a 3rd party warranty provider,  published their results on laptop reliability over a three year period. Summary is that all manufacturers were bad. Within three years 1 in 3 laptops failed and even the best manufacturers had a failure rate of 1 in 10.

http://www.squaretrade.com/laptop-reliability-1109

Richard

On Monday January 7 2013 08:08:19 Joshua Marsh <joshua at themarshians.com> wrote:
> Some of the companies and laptops with negative reviews in this post are
> interesting to me. I've owned and loved many of them. I've noticed this
> since I bought a Packard Bell back in '94 or so. My friends bashed the
> company and the product, but it worked great for me. I was even able to
> install a new modem despite them being sure it would never work. I wonder
> if it has to do with the user, a bad factory run, or fate. Maybe I'm just
> lucky.
>

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Joseph Hall <perlhoser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Jeff Jibson <jeff.jibson at parentlink.net>
> > wrote:
> > > I will avoid HP like the plague....
<snip>
> > On that note, I will never give buy an ASUS notebook.
<snip>