Best Linux Laptop

Stephen Shaw sshaw at decriptor.com
Sat Jan 5 22:28:55 MST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, January 05, 2013 02:22:36 PM Stuart Jansen wrote:
> > I love my T61p, but it's gotten a bit long in the tooth. What would you
> > recommend as a replacement? My priorities are:
> >
> > - Linux compatibility
> > - build quality
> > - rocking warranty
> > - high resolution screen
>
> I requested and got a T520 at work with 1920x1080 screen, i7 CPU, and
> 9-cell
> battery. I've been happy with it for the most part. The Optimus video thing
> was kind of a bummer for me, but it hasn't kept me from using the laptop.

The rumor is that there *might* be hope for optimus video on linux -
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/nvidia-linux-optimus-driver/

Maybe this whole steam on linux thing might bring some positive work for
graphics on linux... that is if you don't mind the whole proprietary driver
thing.

Cheers,
Stephen