Best Linux Laptop

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:13:09 MST 2013

On 01/05/2013 04:37 PM, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Spencer Gibb <spudgibb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> zareason Verix 530
>

> Looks like this is a Clevo w250euq or a close model, Unless you want an
> ultrabook format I am a big fan of xoticpc.com, they sell many laptops
> without an OS and they can be aggressively customized, it is a great place
> to buy a laptop,but also a great place to get a view of where pricing
> should be for specific specs

This brings up a very good point.  All of these system integrator
laptops (system 76, zareason, etc), actually most laptops for most
companies, are made by only a handful of laptop makers in Asia.  In
fact, xoticpc.com has a page on this:

http://www.xoticpc.com/laptop-manufacturers-really-makes-laptops-ip-11.html