Best Linux Laptop

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:06:28 MST 2013

On 01/05/2013 04:29 PM, Spencer Gibb wrote:
>> Unfortunately all the laptops listed in this thread so far have
>> low-resolution screens.  This is one area we've definitely gone
>> backwards in.  For once I'm hoping Apple has started a new fad that
>> others will duplicate with their high-resolution screens.
>
> The zareason Verix 530 has a 1920x1080 screen.

You're right about that, I didn't see that.  Although a 15.6" laptop is
much bigger physically than I am comfortable with.  Definitely better
than the 100 dpi of most of the 14" laptops I saw.  Would love something
closer to 200 dpi (that's about what Apple calls "retina" [sic as in
gag] display).  Just for reference the old 1600x1200 Dell panels that
were so awesome back in the day were about 140 dpi.