Backing Up Everything to Removable Disks

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:02:11 MST 2013

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I just
finished a project where we got rid of the tape system all together.
Backup to S3, then setup S3 so any backups over 14 days old go into Glacier.
Amazon also just launched a new data warehousing service as well, but
I haven't had the chance to play with it yet.
When you look at the costs of tape and equipment and labor to manage
the system, an S3/Glacier option really is becoming a very competitive
option, just make sure to encrypt the backups if it's sensitive data.