Asterisk vs FreeSwitch?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 17:39:42 MST 2013

I think I may be better off with Freeswitch for this particular project.
Oddly enough giving out international phone numbers might be a huge bonus here.
As it turns out many, many people in this region are expats from
Canada, Australia and the US.  Also a lot of the businesses are hotels
etc that would like a north american presence.  Turns out getting
actual ecuadorian phone numbers may be very problematic.  The
incumbent carrier seems to only want to sell them in blocks of 10,000
and the only competition they have are mobile carriers which do not
wish (or maybe just cannot), sell or rent the numbers as DID.
I'm sure this can be gotten around eventually.  I probably just need
more business acumen.