A whosit or a whatsit?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:55:48 MST 2013

Thanks for the info and yes this is all planning at this stage.
ATA was the word I was looking for.  It's just one of those times when
you know you know something but can't quite dig it out of your brain.
As for DiD service, there appears to be more than one provider for the
numbers, however getting anyone in Ecuador to set a firm price that
doesn't involve the direction the wind is blowing is rather difficult.

Alright so now this plan is coming together.
ATA to bridge the PSTN phone to the internet.
Asterisk or Freeswitch for call origination.
I have a list of about 50 a-z termination services, and am currently
trying to nail down the lowest cost / best option.
DiD service setup to forward incoming calls to Asterisk/Freeswitch

Again this is business planning, it's just something to present to a
group of local businessmen/women who want to provide a better option.
The time table for deployment if approved would be 6 months to a year.

Is there anything I'm missing which might be vital here?
Thanks!