Asterisk vs FreeSwitch?

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Fri Feb 22 10:16:10 MST 2013

Your biggest difference is that asterisk has been around a long time, has a lot of community support, and a ton of add-on type apps.

Freeswitch is a lessons learned from asterisk type of thing, redesigned from the ground up, makes more sense under the hood if you do a lot of custom work with it, etc, but a lot less add ons, community knowledge, etc.

-Steve