subject: Wine and Games under Linux

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Feb 21 09:25:36 MST 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:28:16 +0530
DANIEL DAVID EGLI <ddavidegli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, speaking of gaming, any one know how many monitors can be
> connected to a Linux machine running Nvidia's closed-source X driver
> and multiple video cards?

I can't speak to the rest, but X itself is capable of a lot of
monitors. I remember many years ago setting up an HP work station with
9 21" monitors in a three by three array, and creating a virtual
display of the nine. I suspect your limitation here is going to be
hardware and setup software rather than X.