Meeting tomorrow: Linux on the Desktop with Fedora (Jared Smith)

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:43:09 MST 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Joel Finlinson <joel at finlinson.net> wrote:
>    Maybe it's time to change the name to UVLUG?   I do have to admit that I
> like PLUG much better though.

I should point out that there is (or at least was) already a separate UVLUG.

Since PLUG generally meets in the area near Orem, maybe we could call
it the Orem Area Linux Users Group? Except that OALUG has already been
taken by those hosers up in Ogden.

Since Provo/Orem/etc are technically in the Salt Lake metropolitan
area, we could call it the Salt Lake Linux Users Group? Oh, foiled
again by SLLUG! Except, do they even meet anymore?

Also, I would like to point out that PLUG has had their name for a
long, long time... long enough that a number of other LUGs (Portland,
etc) have been trying to convince us to give up plug.org to them. Are
we going to let those guys in Portland win?

NEVER!

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,