Is it possible to detect if an email newsletter has been forwarded?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Wed Feb 6 18:52:14 MST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could also look into requesting a read reciept, I've seen it
> before but I don't know enough to know if that's a part of some
> standard or it's just an MS thing.

Eek, No!   Not only is that not well supported amongst mail clients.
It's not even enabled most of the time on supported clients (including
Outlook).  Also, it's a very ugly process.  Essentially the client
just sends you an email that indicates it was read.

Please do not use read receipts.  Even the slightly clumsy URL
tracking is leaps and bounds better than read receipts.