Would anybody like to (or be willing to) present on "Linux on the Desktop"?

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Sun Feb 3 19:29:55 MST 2013

On 2/3/13 1:05 PM, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> I've never understood this. Are we talking about demoing a specific
> distribution, or demoing a specific DE (in which case distribution
> really shouldn't matter)?

That's true, to some extent, but not entirely.  Many distributions
customize the heck out of the desktop (hello, Unity!), and the
configuration and management tools are often different.

There are two types of Linux desktop users.  The first use a
distribution, mostly with the default tools.  The second use a desktop
environment, and usually just figure out which distribution stays out of
the way of their desktop customizations.

Yes, yes, I know that's a bit of a generalization!

Anyway, I think presentations on specific desktop environments would be
useful as well.

Steve