24 Million entries and I need to what?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Dec 27 23:36:14 MST 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 01:59:04 -0700
"S. Dale Morrey" <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wondering, what would be the fastest way to do this?

I'd do a "wc -l" to get the line count. Then sort and toss duplicates
by piping to uniq. Then "wc -l". The difference, if any, will tell you
how many collisions you have. I suspect rooting around in the man pages
for sort and uniq will give you more ideas on how to identify them.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV