December Meeting: ZFS on Linux (Aaron Toponce)

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 02:13:01 MST 2013

On Monday, December 16, 2013, Steve Meyers wrote:

> Have you tried http://tzukanov.narod.ru/convertfs/ ?

Wouldn't Gnu Partition Editor (gparted) have a better ability to convert
the FS? Or does it not support experimental file systems? I haven't tried
it in years, but last time I did, I recall no problems at all converting a
storage drive from Fat32 to EXT3 (this well predates ext4, even in
experimental stages) using gparted. And when I looked at that site, I
didn't see anything that looked to me like it could handle Btrfs anyway. It
didn't even seem to have been updated in over eight years! For crying out
loud, it still says you should be using a 2.4 kernel. Even as out of touch
as I am I know there's 2.6 kernels, and I think there are 3.x kernels now
(I seem to recall hearing of them on the list). I'm not sure a program that
hasn't been updated since 2005 (at least that's the most recent update on
the project home page above) would be a good idea for trying to convert
from Btrfs. :)

Just my $44.44 (my view of inflation).

--- Dan