Unity? (was: What's your favorite distro, and why?)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 21:54:03 MST 2013

On 12/16/2013 06:16 PM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
> Your previous emails all come across as pure Ubuntu bashing using
> reasoning not supported by any evidence.  This is disingenuous,
> especially when the thread was started by a person unfamiliar with
> Unity and was just looking for some details about it.

Fair points, Lonnie.  Definitely another reminder for me of being
careful how e-mails come across.  I was definitely surprised by your
response at first (I merely welcomed the debate).  Guess I dragged it
off topic.

Levi, thanks for the clarifications on the technologies underlying
Unity, present and future.  I tend to agree with your assessment of
Ubuntu remaining compatible other desktops, X11, etc.  I have a hunch
even Wayland will be supported eventually as well.  If anything, out of
practicality.