Any OSX Power users?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Dec 16 13:57:55 MST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Jonathan Grotegut <jgrotegut at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Only use one DNS server?
>>

> Yeah, but then I would have to setup forwarding.  It will work I suppose
> but I really want OSX to work the correct way.

So just enable forwarders in your DNS server.  That's easy.

I don't see why you want to have a DNS server that does not function
properly, and spend hours trying to hack your OS to deal with it's
problems.  Spend 5 min, and fix your DNS server.

If your DNS server is expected to resolve all names on the internet it
needs to have forwarders, or recursion enabled.  If you only intend it
to resolve authoritative domains only, you should not use it for
client resolution.