Raspberry Pi Raspbmc Wireless Question

Ryan Moore paniclater at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 10:38:04 MST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Matthew Frederico <mfrederico at gmail.com>wrote:

> How much power+current are you giving it?

I hadn't considered the power issue, thanks! I'm just using the power
supply that came with my Motorola Defy XT -- I'll try and look up the specs
on it and see if I'm getting enough juice to the pi.

I had issues (especially with USB) where it would "kind of" work off and
> on.  Also consider streaming video will definitely pull power.
> My only concern was the XBMC wasn't completely optimized for the PI+GL so
> the interface was a bit sluggish.   But it was pretty!

I've read on the Raspbmc page that running it off of a USB 3.0 device can
really help with the sluggishness. What other options for a Raspberry Pi
media center have you looked at / implemented?

--Ryan