Raspberry Pi Raspbmc Wireless Question

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 10:31:09 MST 2013

How much power+current are you giving it?

I had issues (especially with USB) where it would "kind of" work off and
on.  Also consider streaming video will definitely pull power.
My only concern was the XBMC wasn't completely optimized for the PI+GL so
the interface was a bit sluggish.   But it was pretty!

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Ryan Moore <paniclater at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Pluggers,
>
> Has anyone been able to get Raspberry Pi up and running with Raspbmc (or
> Raspbian) using only a wireless network adapter from the get go? My TV is
> the only display I really have that I can plug the pi into and it is in a
> room without ethernet. I tried running it wireless connected from the TV
> and the network never came up (even though I specified network security
> credentials on the sd card in my laptop). It recognized my wireless usb
> adapter, but then hung on connecting to the network. Then I tried running
> it headless wired straight into my router and couldn't ssh into it b/c the
> init setup hadn't configured ssh and users yet. I ended up just going into
> work and setting it up there. Wireless seems to be working just fine now.
> Just wondering if anyone else had run into a similar issue or found a
> solution in case I want to try out a a different option for my OS, do a
> fresh install, or move Raspbmc to boot off of a USB drive.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ryan

-- Matthew Frederico