December Meeting: ZFS on Linux (Aaron Toponce)

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:24:26 MST 2013

My issue is that boot times are horrendous and I keep finding files that
have appear to have been "randomly" rolled back to previous versions.  I've
taken to placing all syncing all of my personal data over to S3 just so I
don't send someone a 6 month old copy of my resume.  No joke, btrfs ate my
tax return too :(

I really don't like this file-system, it's just too silent when it
detects/corrects random issues.  I would rather it flash a big sign
"Attention, your hard-drive appears to be horked, would you like to go to
new egg and order a new one?  In the meantime I'll go ahead and rollback
files x,y,z to previous versions."