December Meeting: ZFS on Linux (Aaron Toponce)

Michael Torrie torriem at
Sat Dec 14 10:11:40 MST 2013

On Dec 14, 2013 9:17 AM, "S. Dale Morrey" <sdalemorrey at> wrote:
> To clarify does ZFS in the context of Solaris mean the same thing (i.e.
> Zettabyte File System), as it does on Linux?  I've been out of the loop on
> filesystems for awhile and all I know for sure is that I want to get my
> laptop off btrfs ASAP

I've been running btrfs on my laptop and desktop for a year or two, albeit
not a heavy user. Haven't yet used snapshots. What problems have you seen?

To answer your previous question, yes zfs is the Solaris file system ported