Hosting

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Thu Dec 12 10:21:35 MST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>wrote:

> For the most part, you can't just migrate existing systems to "the
> cloud(tm)".  You really do need to think of it as a re-implementation task
> and expect your costs to follow accordingly.
>
> Agreed. The Cloud is just another tool. Like any tool, if used properly
can be helpful, if used improperly can be deadly. The company I am
currently with is in the process of migrating all services to the cloud.
This includes an entire rewrite of the code base and entirely new system
architecture. It is a mistake to think of the Cloud in the same way as one
would think of traditional physical servers. For me, learning to use the
Cloud effectively has required me to adopt a new paradigm.