What's the cheapest way to setup Linux box?

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 16:17:58 MST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Jonathan Duncan <
> jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
>
>> For development I have recently migrated to the wonderful world of
>> Vagrant/Virtualbox. I can setup whatever environment I need to on my local
>> box, dev in a virtual environment, change anything I need to without worry
>> for the host, and move those environments to other hosts if needed. Has
>> made developing on a Mac even more enjoyable.
>>

> Take a look at docker as well.  That is what all the cool kids are using
> right now.

Except that you've got to do your development inside a virtual machine
anyway if you're using a Mac.  Docker only supports Linux natively,
though you could no doubt do something very similar in any OS that
supports chroot jails/containers/etc.

Definitely check out docker, though, it's a nifty tool.

        --Levi