What's the cheapest way to setup Linux box?

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 14:16:24 MST 2013

Wait?  People actually run their own home servers nowadays for development
and filesharing?  I thought that went away several years ago.  Kind of
kidding but not really. ;)

I use www.openshift.com for all development (disclaimer: I work on this
project so I am biased).  Free to use.
I use dropbox for photo sharing
amazon cloud player premium for music storage (up to 200,000 tracks for
25.00 a year)
Movies, I stopped storing and just use netflix and hulu.

Total cost: 45.00 a year.